£25,000 – £30,000 based on experience
Bonus and Share Options.
Based in Wetherby.
37.5 hours per week.
Do you want to revolutionise the traffic data industry?
Due to continued growth, the Traffic & Data Services of Tracsis Group plc (www.tracsistraffic.com) have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Wetherby office. If successful, you will be creating and working on industry-critical products that are used across the business.
Tracsis Traffic & Data Services is a leading provider of software and services for the transport industry. We develop and supply a range of software products which are used extensively within the transport sector. Working with our partners in AI technology, Mobile Network Data and various other data sources to provide insights into traffic data.
Summary of the Project Manager position:
The Project Manager will be responsible to the Project Management Director for the planning, implementation, management, co-ordination, delivery, and evaluation of multiple projects. You will ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget and that the project’s objectives are met. The Project Manager will provide support to the Project Management Director in all aspects of Project Management. This role will have working relationships with: Operations Team – including technicians and Senior Management. Interdepartmental working relationships will include: Health & Safety, HR, Analysis, Finance, other regional Operations teams. External working relationships include customers and the general public.
- To ensure projects operate efficiently and everyone is working to achieve a common goal and coordinating actions of team members.
- Plan the Project: Understand the scope of the project and formulate a plan for the sequence of activities needed to successfully complete the project. Including determining the resources required, reviewing the project schedule with the Project Manager revising if required, preparing site paperwork and briefing relevant stakeholders (including Surveyors / Technicians).
- Implement and manage the project: Execute the project according to the original plan, monitor the progress of the project, adjusting as necessary and deal with issue that arise on site, establish a communication schedule of various staff across the organisation and report back on the progress of the project regularly.
- Control, co-ordinate and deliver the project: Communicate with the end client as specified in the original brief as to the progress of the project, monitor all budgeted costs to ensure the project does not exceed original budgets and liaise with relevant departments with a stake in the project: Data Analysis, Senior Management, Finance and Human Resource.
- Evaluate the project: Ensure all project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality. In addition, ensure that the outcomes of the project are met and liaise with the end client where necessary. Ensure that all criteria above are met so that the project can be invoiced.
- Oversee the project to the required level, identifying all survey requirements at each of the above key stages and ensuring all activities are complete. Resolving issues raised by Project Coordinators and escalating to the Senior Operations Manager when required.
- Ensuring equipment and resources needed for the project are allocated accordingly and information is where it needs to be. If required, ordering these materials and new supplies.
- Ensuring budgetary requirements are understood and adhered to
- Understanding the project brief/requirements and setting the goals required to ensure the project is successful
- Setting the project schedule and milestones and those involved along the way are fully briefed and attend meetings where applicable.
- Ensuring effective and professional communication is in place with all stakeholders such as the client, gaining permissions from local authorities and internal staff.
- Training of new colleagues and current staff where applicable.
- Attending client meetings as directed by the Project Management Director.
- In addition to above, some tasks around Management:
- Line management of lower level Project team and Media, managing their workload and delegating tasks accordingly.
- Initiating, planning, executing and monitoring projects to ensure effective control through to project close.
- Conflict resolution – dealing with issues raised to them by their team and making effective decisions.
- Stakeholder management – ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensure that all activities within remit are undertaken in line with Company policy, Health and Safety Guidelines and the Quality Management System within the business.
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Communicate confidently with a range of stakeholders
- Clear communication skills
- Common sense approach to H&S with a good understanding of the Highway Code.
- Strong understand in of the importance of following H&S principles.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Be analytical and have an interest in the Environment
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be able to navigate to survey sites across the UK and Ireland.
- Prior experience or aptitude to learn Project Management/Planning software and internal tools.
- Willingness to become multiskilled across a variety of Project types.
- Take direction and undertake any reasonable requests for ad hoc work from the Project Management Director.
- Aptitude to use several GIS Platforms for planning purposes.
- Ability and experience leading a team through the complete Project lifecycle
- Aid project coordinators in conflict resolution, with the ability to escalate further if required.
- Champion company ethos – QRS.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work flexible hours, dependent on Project needs.
- Be experienced in using different methods of communication skills such as telephone, email & face to face.
- Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Methodology Statement or IOSH experience would be advantageous.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working in a team, in office or using communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams
Benefits of working at Tracsis:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year
- Share options
- Long service annual leave entitlement scheme
- Long Term Incentive Plan Scheme
- Flexitime working arrangements available on request
- Casual dress code
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Excellent, modern office space
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK, ideally within commutable travel distance of our Wetherby offices.
If working for Tracsis sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your C.V. and having an initial conversation. Please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org We welcome C.V’s from all members of the community. Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
CV’s received from agencies at this time, unfortunately will not be considered.