Tracsis Traffic Data Ltd, part of the Tracsis Group, is a leading company in the field of transport data capture and analysis. Our Estimating department is looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to become part of our team as an Estimator based in our Wetherby office.
Following training, the successful candidate will be responsible to the Head of Estimating for the timely delivery of quotations to clients to undertake a variety of surveys and associated analysis based on criteria provided by the client. The role will also involve some coordination of bid and tender documents. On an ad-hoc basis, you will also assist in undertaking specific project management tasks of projects won.
Tracsis Traffic Data have offices throughout the UK and Ireland and undertake a wide variety of transport related surveys. We are known throughout the industry for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our core values of Quality, Relationships and Safety are at the heart of what we do.
- We invest in people and can offer training and apprenticeships at any level for the right candidates.
As an Estimator you will be responsible for independently pricing projects under the supervision of the Head of Estimating using the following process:
· Receipt of enquiry: Review specification provided by the client or tender notification and confirm receipt and a rough estimate of delivery date of quotation.
· Preparation: Draw up a detailed costing submission for the client, taking into consideration all client requests, company quoting guidelines and pricing strategies.
· Submission: Submit the required quotation in a timely manner, ensuring the quotation is of the desired quality. This may include coordinating tender submissions, adapting existing templates or creating new ones.
· Review: Maintain reasonable contact with the client, pursuing whether the quotation has been successful.
· Successful Notification: If quotation has been successful, handover to the relevant Project Manager.
· Unsuccessful notification: If quotation has been unsuccessful, find out why this is the case to try and ensure future successful bids.
· Support and provide overflow estimating capacity for other regions.
We would like you to have:
A desire to learn new skills, be an effective communicator with people at all levels and have a keen eye for detail. In addition to this we would also like to see:
· Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills with a high degree of accuracy and organisation.
· Be flexible and willing to undertake a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
· Be meticulous in all planning and checking processes, delivering good quality output.
· Possess proven written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salary: £22-25K dependent on experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Company Bonus Scheme: You will be eligible to be involved in the discretionary Company Bonus and LTIP Scheme at the end of the financial year which is based upon the Company’s profitability and your own personal performance.
- Long Service Holiday Award Scheme: The scheme allows for entitled staff to be awarded an additional leave entitlement based on length of service with the Company.
- Flexible Working Scheme: The scheme allows for entitled staff to flexibly work around other commitments.
- Pension Scheme: We operate a Company Pension scheme based on auto-enrolment criteria.
- Company Sick Pay: Enhanced Company sick pay on successful completion of probation alongside long term service.
If you would be interested in applying for the above role, please submit the attached application form with a full covering letter and CV to Rachel.duggan@Tracsis.com
Please ensure a formal application is made by 31st January 2022 at which point the application process will close.
GDPR Privacy Notice:
We will use all the information you provide during the recruitment process to progress your application with a view to offering you an employment contract with us, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide with any third parties for marketing purposes. We will use the contact details you give us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role.