Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Operational Manager (OM) Tracsis Passenger Surveys, Derby
Summary of Position:
- Working for Tracsis Passenger Analytics from the Derby office
- Full time permanent contract
- Experience in Rail / Public Transport Industry an advantage
- Opportunity to work with various business units within the Tracsis group
- Start in January
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of projects within the business, more specifically, understanding traditional passenger counting work that occurs seasonally in spring and autumn each year and running the ad hoc market intelligence projects. This involves quoting for work, setting up the projects, overseeing the day-to-day running of projects and coordinating the work of the Project Controller and Project Assistant accordingly, processing and issuing results and invoicing for completed work. As well as incepting specialist projects the Project Manager will be required to assist with a range of tasks relating to traditional counts and passenger count database software PCDS when required.
The Project Manager also assists the Development Team, Senior Project Manager, Operations Manager and COO with other specialist projects and business development as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Project Management of market research, traditional work and other ad hoc projects as agreed with the Operations Manager
- Work closely with Project Controller and Project Assistant to deliver project requirements and ensure all processes adhered to and manage their workloads accordingly
- Deal with problems arising with site work and ensure a resolve is found
- Communicate with clients and team to allow efficient working
- Assist with processing results and send make available through portals to clients
- Review proposals and incept specialist projects
- Work with the OM to develop software systems and technology to improve delivery of projects and introduce innovative methodologies
- Liaise directly with head office central functions and disseminate to team
- Liaise and support regional offices for their Public Transport orientated projects under the guidance of the OM
- Provide feedback on Project Controller, Project Assistant and the team to the Operations Manager for annual review and development
- Liaise with regional offices within division to assist with casual staffing requirements and ensure all needs are fulfilled
- Contribute to monthly reports regarding market intelligence, traditional work and other ad hoc projects
- Quote Ad-Hoc enquiries and assist with any traditional quotes as required
- Produce any operational reporting/reports required relating to a project and assist the analysts and senior management team with any final project reports
- Ensure that internal systems are keep up to date and that all information relating to a project is correct logged
- Recruit new staff nationally when required
- Travel between Derby, London and regional offices to meet with team and casual workers regarding ongoing projects as required
The individual must:
- Possess excellent time management and problem solving skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be an intermediate user of Microsoft software packages with and high level of Excel knowledge, as well as a confident technology user
- Have basic understanding of software and web based development and/or coding
- Demonstrate a desire for self-development and process improvement
- Have the ability to work within time constraints and alter priorities on a day to day basis.
- Ensure the team’s performance is optimum and assist the division to reach their business goals and achievements
- Present information effectively and clearly
- Be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with their team, the wider division and clients
- Be self-motivated and possess strong communication skills to enable inter office and inter divisional unit working effectively
- Understand analytics and be confident when producing statistical analysis
For more information or to apply for this role please send a full CV and covering email to Charley.Pickthall@Tracsis.com
GDPR Privacy Notice:
We will use all the information you provide during the recruitment process to progress your application with a view to offering you an employment contract with us or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We’ll use the contact details you give us to contact you to progress your application. We’ll use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role.
Traffic Passenger Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
No agency Contact.